Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Web 2.0 - i'm really not even trying anymore...

Okay, so due to reading Ariel's blog I decided to mesh progressive movements for both my final, some ambitious projects I loudmouthed myself into and the current topic that I should have written on yesterday...


I'm way tired right now, but thank (insert deity or scientific principle here) for deadlines or else laziness would get the better of me and I would never get anything done at all.

So, as it is I invited myself to start a kickstarter account for a small web-series I am filming. So... We'll see how that goes... and I have been creating a social networking group for my major... That's building speed... I have a group site on facebook that I want to build into a larger collaboration group - like google groups or something - for the christmas party I'm hosting in a week and a half....

But the project! I couldn't log in to our website to work on it for a while... So instead I was collecting all these links and thing on an .odt, but then I get an email today saying that the text was the wrong text!!! all that work for nothing!!! and now we're not doing sections but doing a reader's digest version of it? whatever... I'll roll with it of course.

But Web 2.0... The social network... With the advent web 1.0 and html the desire for the people behind websites to interact with people visiting websites increased... thus the creating of newer and more interactive websites with XML, CSS, improved Javascript, Ajax, etc... Then with social network groups, and Facebook using openAPI (allowing websites to interconnect), the development of web 2.0 where people behind websites can interact with people behind websites and the average person can easily create a website under the umbrella of a site (like facebook) to gain greater interaction for the users - Fantastic... Not quite perfect, we don't have Surrogates yet, but I hear that Bruce Willis has one of the first prototypes.

No comments:

Post a Comment