Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thank you! No, really, It's too much...

So, Nominations...


1. Uma Pitada de Tolcies by Sean Watson - The Cool Blog Nomination, or history... whatever...

This blog really changed and progressed over the semester, leaning heavily on personal musings... I'm not going to link all these, but, here: Man is Dead, Humans are strange creatures - my soul is endless, Lacking conforming thought, A freedom the soul doesn't soon forget... Obviously a deep thinker, or... well, I'm rooting for. I like the step up he got from the big turnning point, A freedom the soul doesn't soon forget. Now, I don't know if Sean is engaging or presumptuous. He needs to lock onto something and go for it... and I'm waiting for that... In any case, his attachment to historical events and interesting tie-ins to modernday and personal musings is why I nominate him.

2. It's a Wonderful Life by Jeffrey Whitlock - Self Directed Learning

Jeffrey always seems interested and very engaged in the material and wraps it towards his own interests - his care for others and interest in microfinance Plus he bought a book to further his interests in this course! (by the way Jeffrey, where's the promised info from that book you say you have?) I think he's a prime candidate.

3. The Low Down w/ Mo-Town by Morgan Wills - Computing stuff

I don't know what it is about truncating a name, but it seems to represent a cultural expression that has no business being applied to a white LDS girl (or boy - I'm not that sexist)! Just because it can ryhme, should it? Okay, okay! despite the rising agitation from the title alone, i think Morgan has a greater handle on what digital culture means today than most anyone in our class... Maybe she doesn't KNOW computers, maybe she doesn't KNOW computing history... But she's tapped into computing culture, foe show...
Screen capture, Einstein's...., Lynda.com, Gulliver's Travells...

I may not really find much "worth reading" in here and I may get incredibly irked out by the title, but I HAVE TO READ THIS BLOG just to find out what this girl is going to do digitally!

No comments:

Post a Comment