Tuesday, October 12, 2010

suggested book club readings

Okay... I'm not sure about this... I think this is going to spark a mini-film blerb every little while... That's what I do. Maybe I'm too stupid to read...
Certainly a well crafted movie can give me the heart of a great book in a shorter period of time and effort than a book can - and that way I'm sure to get to see pictures. But then again you just can't pass up the opportunity of a good read. Oh, and I'm not going to put down crap I've already read, I haven't the time to read stuff I already know. Here goes:

The Fountainhead                                              The Grapes of Wrath
by Ayn Rand                                                          by John Steinbeck

I haven't read it yet and                       This is like an obvious... what
I loved Atlas Shrugged.                  you haven't read it?and then you
Economics and Romanticism         lie: well, I mean, I have... but its
(sort of)...                                        been so long and you know you
                                           gotta read it again... oh, yeah, of course...
                         Plus it goes along with a lot of concepts in this class.
   American expansion, frontier stuff, economics (hardships), etc...

                                                                                                     











Hackers & Painters                                                      The Long Tail
by Paul Graham                                                    by Chris Anderson

Right?                                                     I know this one has punched
                                                               around class discussions and
                                                             blogs but I really want to read
                                                             this... and I mean... come on...
                                                                                              relevant!
      


No comments:

Post a Comment