Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ah, Romance - Burn that Mother Down!!!


Someone has to teach me how to attach music to my posts so I can unveil my mind further to those who read this stuff... As of the last Guh-gillion posts I think I've had 2 or three people pop on to read them. That may be because I write them so thoroughly that no one needs add to nor take away from this book.

Ron comes from an age of Romance when the news was "were it was at" and people moved slowly to the beauty around them.Now with our fast paced hip-hop world and high speed internet there is no time to reflect on things from before.
Language is being shred to pieces... Does anyone know what an enigma really is (BTW its Germanic - meaning it was popularized by Germany - and it specifically popularized by code making machines). People don't have the kind of sense of importance that used to exist among citizens of the world. We have MTV (and meat dresses?) and YouTube and Jackass and Angelina Jolie.

And I say "Information Age - you need fire!" (Institute - Distort yourself). Looking back is fun at times, but does it serve a purpose? Don't those things lost get distorted by those things now? How lovely it would have been to be a lady in the kings court... Sure, if you don't like heating and air, indoor plumbing, rights, thinking, or life-span... What about the connection to God and man - sure, the Inquisition, Salem witch trials, the Crusades, etc were much better than our current laissez-faire apathy. I mean, I've got nearly nobody forcing me to be true to my beliefs - its all me.

2007's Things we Lost in the Fire is an example of the difficulties that we undergo when we loose something - like a loved one - or the past. And sometimes, though we try to move forward we often create a backlash in an attempt to hold onto what we have lost (like my childhood). What do we do with that? Who doesn't wish that they could live in a time where the world catered to them and life moved slowly and wonderfully?

I suggest you take a picture, put it on the wall, make a mix-mp3-list (man it was good when they used to be mix-tapes or even cd's) and start shaping your world. The number one thing you can do is find what it is that you are meant to do and do it. You may or may not be good at it, but you'll be so happy to be doing it that you wont be wishing for the past.

In the Digital Civilization blog there was a link to Great Hackers in which I read how great hackers love to solve problems and create - not break into and ruin computer systems. More specifically they don't know that they're great... they just love to work on what they love to work on. I'm no hacker - but I love what I do and I do the best I can... I've been told I'm pretty good - I don't know how to say this, but... us, I'm kinda a big deal... well, I'd like to be. And I know that if I do become one it will be because I love what I do and I look forward to the future - Now that's romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment