Tuesday, October 26, 2010

3 ideas

I have 3 Ideas I'm interested in for the Final Project...

So, I really like the idea of Remixing the Cathedral and the Bazaar. Maybe I am niave, but I think it would be fun and interesting. I can see this continuing beyond the class, but I could aslo see it quickly loosing my interest afterwards - I suppose that would depend on how the project would effect me personally - I'm pretty sure it would continue on without me though... It's a great idea.

However, my real passion is in the idea I posted earlier of using croud sourcing to create an opensource movie... It's not as simple as it sounds - not in my mind... The idea would take social networking, croudsource funding, open voting on each step of the film making process, and then some sort of viral distribution of the end product... It would have to consider new business models for each step of the industry... I'm really excited about this project... I just have a few concerns that I would be overwhelmed to over come by myself. But this is something that I would do all I could to make it last beyond my grave.

The last idea could easily be converged with the first... I have already been talk to about remixing or creating a video based on some aspect of our class. I like the mormon messages idea or any other possible film contest... I feel almost just as overwhelmed with this idea as I do with the second one, but without the drive to have it be a continuing project like with the second idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment