Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm learning how to CONNECT with others!


This weekends Lab assignment asked us to learn a new "thing" on the computer and to teach it to each other and then blog about what we learned. We lost one of our group members in the fierce competition of the blogging jungle and therefore my learned concept is based in digital connection or specifically in Cloud Computing. I was directed to the land of YouTube where I discovered that Cloud computing has nothing to do with the weather forecast. (Ignore the links to Justin Bieber videos - I really don't know how they got there... He's just so small and talented!) I also Found this thorough blog on the subject What Cloud Computing Really Means. Most people have at least heard of Google Docs.... but there are many other simple-to-use programs out there...
To keep things short I have listed here some cloud computing programs that one could use... along with a link to youtube tutorial videos.

1 comment:

  1. I have used Google Docs several times for group projects. It is a great collaborative tool.
    In one of my communications classes last year, four of us in a group, split a research project into sections. We each wrote did our part, had each other look over each others work and then came together to make sure the entire project had "one voice" at the end. Through Google Docs, we were able to all contribute and cut the time it would have taken to have one person compile and write a paper.

    ReplyDelete