Monday, November 15, 2010

Worst Blog Ever

It was pretty obvious from his Richie Rich V-neck sweater and his Elder Bednar Haircut that this was going to be a waste of valuable life-time...



I am unhappy to report that Mr. Jeffrey Whitlock has confused himself with a conformed George Bailey... His blog is aptly named so. His posts are full of wonderful graphics and interesting posts. The concepts are full of insight, depth, and articulation. He incorporates personal passions with particular post topics. He incites a lot of debate and discussion and is apt to reply and further any debate.

He seems to be keeping up on the three c's: consuming (including self directed study), creating, and connecting (diigi). Well, It seems like he's connecting (at least within the class he is) but he - of anyone in the course - should be branching out to more sources to connect to. His content is strong and interesting, his arguments well worded and accessible, so what's really keeping him from branching out more?

Really, he's pretty much a poster child of the Digital Civilization course... So, I can't complain too much - and I want to... so, Good Work, Jeffy... I'm sure you're doing fine.

But there's just one thing I'm not getting. You seem to actually enjoy writing about each topic? You don't seem stretched or fatigued at all... Are you in fact human? Are you a hidden professor in the class - like US Marshalls hidden on flights for "your" security? What is the deal... I mean, I'm running at like 20% and I can understand 60-70%, but you seem to be poised to keep this up on your own long after this semester is over. Touche. I am applauding you, sir, slowly... with an arrogant facial expression.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit that when a review off your blog starts of with the title "Worst Blog Ever," you tend to get a little nervous. :) But your review was actually well done, pithy and rather humorous--if not, at times, borderline sardonic. Thank you very much for the feedback... And yes, you are right; I actually do enjoy blogging about each topic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very nicely done - your blog, Jeff. You need to start connecting out to the world, 'cause I'm sure you could build a following with it - and your opinions deserved to be shared with more than "the choir."

    ReplyDelete