Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Reflections

So, This is for you two, Professor Gideon Burton and Professor Daniel Zappala.

Am I learning what I was meant to be learning? Well, that's a tough question for me. Harder perhaps than a recommend interview (just a second Prez, I need to look into the black hole and see if there's at least a night light in there before I answer this one...).
I know that you have periodically looked into my blogs and probably have noticed that I like to ramble and complain. - I suppose that I wonder if that's a negative mark on "how to post blogs" because Its not proper "front loading" or something? - Either way I can only complain enough to say that with my 20 credits this semester, the UT Army NG pulling me away from classes more than usual in a semester, film-making, trying to start a business, loving my 4 boy and wonderful wife family - I really cant do any better than I have been.

Its really a question of time - not of what I have learned. I LOVE this class - I wish I had more time to devote to it. I wish I knew how to drive more traffic to my blogs - perhaps I just need to keep connecting with others - or maybe I need to contribute something worth reading? who knows? But I love blogging - I thought I'd hate it.

I'm really torn in a buh-jillion different ways - blogging/online wise. I try to keep up with all of the assignments, reading, consuming, posting - and I try to post a little just for my own venting (I'm trying to cut back on tying them all together). I have been bouncing about on others posts and commenting. I've been finding new blogs - I tried to sign up for the diigi account (shoulda been easy, right? Right?) I had to put it on my return to list - maybe this week. And I have this great idea of making a social connecting film making project - The connection part is always the hardest for me. Once I get people connected and committed I can push and push and push a project through.

I know that I missed the first week because I was still at training for the natl. guard, and I know that I feel like I'm posting things one second to late every time... But that makes this class the same as all my classes. I would expect/hope to be somewhere in the B/high B area. My biggest concern is this - Am I really going to be more tech savy and able to filter and connect better than I do now - or will I just understand how it all works (just like I know how to program and use CSS - well, at least in theory, I can read and understand what's going on but don't ask me to create my own - I have the same problem with Spanish, French, and I'm working at not quite understanding Chinese.)

Anyway, I hope this meets the right criteria - If it is indeed meant to be a reflection and there were things I should have said specifically - I think its all in there somewhere: Recap - I've done nearly all the assignments - I'm learning and using new ways to connect and sponsoring a practical application of my knowledge in my own field/interests - I'm trying to glean and master what I can - I can/will do better in the future - I think I deserve a B...B+...A-...A... (or am I way off base?)

No comments:

Post a Comment