Friday, December 10, 2010

I missed the bus... shoot me.

So, I got let out of rehearsals an hour early Thursday evening... about 5:30... So, I thought, I can go home really quick, change, kiss my wife and kids, eat really quick, and then we can all travel to my digiciv final together - I was supposed to meet them there.

Well, I got home... Like usual my four boys hid really quick and after a short game of "hide and go seek" it was a dog pile in the living room... Shortly after that we had dinner and sank into our usual nighttime routine. I helped Connor do the dishes while my wife helped Zeph clean the table and floors... Isaac ran around and Kalaeus cried for someone to hold him... Then we brushed teeth, got ready for bed, read scriptures, bedtime stories (which Connor reads to his brothers with my help)... then they all go to bed except for Connor who gets to stay up an extra half hour as we read some from the Harry Potter series - he loves that. Then we sent Connor off to bed...

After that, my wife and I snuggled on the couch and chatted... She was feeling anxious but couldn't figure out why - I was just happy to have my nightly break from a very packed day (every day). Then Conan came on - about 9pm - and my wife asked about the time for the christmas party we have tonite... It was when I said 7-9pm that I realized that I have a class from 7-9pm every thursday!

But that's not quite it, I always have a class Thrus. 7-9pm - its a class on radio and voice over work... its fun, but I was planning on skipping the last class of the semester for a much more important FINAL EXAM in my DIGICIv CLASS!!!! so, as I remembered my regular class I then immediately remembered my final!

I had totally missed it... between the two emotions that happen when you miss the bus as a child, my wife and I shared the two over missing this event. She had the fear and anxiety and anger of "why! what are you going to do now?" and I had the depressed, eyore-like, calm of "oh well, can't do anything about it now... might as well go along with my life."

Anyway, what's done is done... I hope "you" went though, really.

2 comments:

  1. You could certainly watch the event as recorded on Justin.tv (http://www.justin.tv/digiciv/b/275432657) and provide some constructive commentary or feedback. We highlighted your blog, by the way.

    Events have a pre-event, during-event, and post-event life. The last of these might be the most important. How could you use what you've learned to add value to the completed event? I'm asking myself that same question right now.

    By the way, family first choices should never be regretted. Nothing else matters more. Sounds like you have a loving spouse and kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Dr. Burton.

    The sour irony is that as I read over this I realize that I also missed the 7:15 project meeting scheduled this morning...

    I guess it's a sign of the end of the semester because I seem to be fried out enough that scheduling just about completely escapes me.

    4 more finals to go!

    ReplyDelete