Friday, September 3, 2010

Getting Started

So I have never had "the time" to maintain a blog. Maybe I never had anything to say... well, I always have something to say but was it ever worth saying on a blog??? I don't know... and I don't trust anyone to give me advice that would satisfy my misgivings. Then along came Civ class...

Now I "have" to blog
- my grandpa always used to say that there is no "have to" there is only "get to." I'll have to convince him that he "get's to" navigate a computer and the internet to see which of his contributions have stuck with me over the years... and by the way did anyone else find it ironic - sort of a sad kind of funny - that the leaders of the LDS church asked in their semi-annual world wide conference for "youngsters" to help out their dear "mature" relatives navigate the internet to do more genealogy? Its kinda cute, but I cant help but snicker at the idea of my second child (in about 5 years when his explosive energy turns into a force for productivity and he can work a html) sitting down with his great-grandpa Mack and explaining to him why he wont need a good farm cat for this kind of mouse and where exactly his digital family tree has been planted.

But, back on track. I am really glad to get started on this blogging adventure. This time around - I have made a few previous attempts - I feel will be fun. Previously it was all about "driving traffic" and "monetizing." - this time its for the sake of the grade which I don't take too seriously. Getting grades is easy - feeding 5 people (and myself, which counts for another 3 or 4 people) while going to school full time is not as easy. Therefore I flip the "how can I get instantly rich off of this?" switch anytime I do anything that will take up my time out side of school and family. By the way, if I ever do find out how to get rich I promise I'll share the secret.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome, Shaun! I like your perspective -- having a family to support sure changes priorities around. I look forward to hearing more from you.

    ReplyDelete